Fill out the wedding request form at the ZAGS

In this post we publish and translate the wedding request form given by the ZAGS which must be filled out by both future husband and wife.

Modulo matrimonio Ucrainaside A

Modulo richiesta matrimonioside B

Side A

This module is composed by a singular paper printed on both sides.
(We wrote side A and B just for to make easier the translation)

Upper part of the page:

On the right you have to write: name, patronymic and surname.

Under it on the left, there is written:
The appointment for the registration is (day, month, year)
The wedding was registered (day, month, year) Act number.

(Here you don’t have to write anything, this part is for the ZAGS)

Body of the page:

Request of wedding registration

The area called ВІН is for the man and ВОНА for the bride.

1 Surname
2 Nome
3 Patronymic
4 Birthday and age
5 Place of birth (city, village, rayon, oblast’, country)
6 Citizenship

7 Military conscription
In this part you are requested to write if you did the military conscription or not.
(probable it is important only for Ukrainian citizenship)

8 Family status (Single, Widow, Divorced)
If divorced, write the name of the document that prove it.
Number and date of the document which prove your wife/husband died.

9 Place of residence
(Full address with zip code)
Zip code
building and flat number

10 Identity document
Series and number
Released by and when

At the bottom of the page:

There are not obstacles for the wedding celebration. We want to get marry and
we ask to register our wedding according to the law.

After the wedding we want the following surnames:
(Here you are requested to write your surname after wedding. Man on the right and woman on the left)

The last few lines are to be filled out by the ZAGS.

Side B

We know about the consequences of the wedding.
We take the responsibility to inform each other about our medical conditions.
We know our right and duties as future husband and wife and parents.

We are aware about the consequences that false information can bring.

We ask to register our wedding with ceremony/without ceremony.
(write the date)

We agree/don’t agree to exchange medical documents about our health conditions.

Signature, before the man and then the woman.

At the bottom of the page:
Write you phone numbers.


At the ZAGS you will find also some filled out sample of this form. From it you can take the answer you need.


This form is the one given in Donetsk. It should be the same for every city but we can’t be sure about this.

Wedding procedures:

1 For the list of documents given by the Italian Embassy in Kiev visit: (in Italian)

2 How to get the Nulla osta from the embassy:

3 What to do once you have gotten your nulla osta:

4 For to know which documents bring to the ZAGS:

5 The wedding day

6 Legalization and translation of the wedding certificate:

How to: Ukrainian customs declaration. English version

Customs declaration Ukraine

It is not needed to fill out the custom declaration if you travel just with your personal items (clothes, notebook, camera, mobile phone, etc) and if you don’t have with you big sum of money.

The most common situation for which you need to fill out the declaration are:

-big sum of money (several thousands of Dollars)
-goods, presents the total value of which exceed the sum of 200 euro or equiv.
-more than 1 liter of spirits, 2 of wine and 5 of beer
-cigarettes max 200 or 200 gram of tobacco
-Antiques and works of arts, musical instruments
-Flora and fauna objects, their parts and products obtained of them
-Food for personal use which value is more than 50 euro

-Lost or sent separately luggage (ex. when your bag didn’t arrive with you)

This list provide only the most common situation, but exist also other limitations (ex. weapons, radioactive materials, etc).
The values and the items described in the list can change with the time.

For more information visit:
or call: +380442817379 (I don’t know if they speak English)

If you don’t have anything to declare, then pass through the “Green Corridor” without filling out the declaration. If you have something to declare then follow the “Red Corridor” with your custom declaration.


Even if you pass through the “Green corridor” it is possible that the guards will ask you to open the bag. (this doesn’t happen so often and at the opposite of what people may think the Ukrainian officers are quite polite)


Take with you all possible receives of the important items that you take with you both presents and personal items. (i mean for ex. notebook or any object that cost not so few)
The same about the things you will buy in Ukraine.


For to see the Customs declaration in Ukrainian:

Customs declaration (Ukrainian version)

This is the module you should fill out in the case you have something to declare at the Ukrainian customs. (red corridor)
Usually you have to fill out this module when you travel with a big sum of money or very precious items.
If you travel just with your personal things… mobile phone, notebook… than you don’t need this declaration.
In this case pass through the green corridor.

Customs declaration Ukraine

You have also to fill out this declaration if your luggage is lost.

This customs declaration is in Ukrainian but at the airport you will be able to find also the English version.

Further information:

Official web site of Ukrainian Customs:

Ukrainian Customs Declaration in English:

How to: Immigration card

Once arrived in Ukraine, you have to fill out the Immigration card and present it, together with your passport, to the passport control.


Remember to fill out both sides of it (arrival and departure).

The passport control officer will give you back the side called “departure”.
Keep it inside your passport for all your staying in Ukraine. You will have to give it back once you leave the Country.

The Immigration card is usually given already on the plane, if not you can find it at the airport just before the passport control.

Immigration card Ukraine

From point 1 to 6 you have to write down your Surname, Name, Citizenship, Date of birth, Sex (gender M/F) and Passport number.

Fill out point 7 only if you have got a visa, if not leave it empty; the same about point 8 fill it out only if you have children with you.

At point 9 you have to write down the Purpose of your journey: Tourism, Private, Business…

At point 10 you are asked to write down the address of the place where you will dwell in Ukraine.

For the last two points 11 and 12 you are asked to write your flight number (if you came with a plane) and then your signature.

Then you have to write the same identical things on the departure side, the only thing which you need to change is point 11 where you have to write the number of the flight that you are going to take. (if u take a plane of course).

One more thing
Write everything in capital letters, leaving the blanks between the words. Fill in the card with dark blue or black ink only.

In the following photo you can see a different model of immigration card:

Immigration card Ukraine

The difference you may notice are in the shape and most of all in the absence of some points in the “Departure” side:
Type, Visa#, Term of Visa” and “Children (name, date of birth)

Anyway there is not any difference in the way to fill out all the other points.
So just fill out as always all the required blanks.

Information about Visa

Visa for Ukraine

The Ukrainian visa is NO required for citizens of:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Principality of Andorra, Principality of Liechtenstein, Principality of Monaco, Republic of Iceland, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Holy See (State of the Vatican City), The Netherlands, The Swiss Confederation, United Kingdom, United States of America.

They are allowed to stay in Ukraine up to 90 days over a 180 day period holding a valid passport if the purpose of your journey is: tourism, private visit or business.
For different purposes (ex. immigration, work in Ukraine, etc) or, in general, longer stays visa is required.

No visas are required for citizens of Mongolia and the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States (except Turkmenistan).

Further information

For the latest news consult the Ukrainian consulate in your country.


Possible re-introduction of the Visa regime for the citizen of EU, US and other countries.